Spray Polyurethane Foam
Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) is an insulation product that is spray-applied in situ at a building site. Two liquid components, Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI, Side A) and polyol blend (Side B) are mixed under pressure and sprayed onto a roof or wall cavity. The reacting liquids expand and solidify into a foam matrix creating a seamless seal. It expands approximately 30 times of its liquid volume to form a hard closed cell monolithic roof surface.
SPF adheres well to the area it is applied to, providing an air barrier that prevents thermal leaks. The main advantage SPF include high R-value, does not settle or sag with time & reduce or eliminates thermal bridging effect.
SPF insulation is a great way to save on energy costs and improve comfort. It is a spray-applied cellular plastic that forms a continuous barrier on roofs, around corners and on all contoured surfaces. SPF roofs are weather-proof, light-weight, durable, and require less maintenance compared to traditional roofing systems. SPF is very compatible with highly reflective coatings for ‘cool roofs’ with improved thermal performance. SPF use allows for flexibility of building design, reducing overall maintenance costs, and can extend the lifespan of the building.
Outside heat or cold can transfer from an exterior wall to an interior wall through six different methods of transference. Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation helps block all six transfer methods, helping to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature; Conduction, Convection, Radiation, Air Infiltration, Moisture Accumulation & Air Intrusion.
Spray Polyurethane Foam can be the ideal material for insulating commercial and residential buildings. Spray polyurethane foam helps reduce air and moisture intrusion, can reduce energy bills, strengthens the structure, and helps protect the internal air from air pollutants and allergens.
SPF dries very fast after applied to the roof surface providing a long lasting roofing system with an average of 10 to 15 years whether its’ a new roofing system or as retrofit of an existing system; with a minimal maintenance cost.
Field of Applications:
- Protection for concrete, steel and wood.
- Protection against wear and abrasion.
- Protection against corrosion and chemicals.
- Anti-corrosive protection.
Waterproofing and Coating of Surfaces Such As:
- Interiors and exteriors of steel and concrete ponds.
- Tunnels (Coating or Waterproofing.
- Primary and secondary containment of fluids (parapets).
- Paving, foundations and ducts in industrial buildings.
- Ponds and tanks in general.
- Pools in industrial processes.
- Reservoirs, viaducts, irrigation canals.
- Bridge pillars and decks.
- Waterproofing of roofs for industrial warehouses.
- Underground stations (ceiling and floor).
- Sealing of joints (prefabricated elements).
- Bonding of walls, floors and expansion joints.
- Cellars and refrigeration tunnels.
- Vehicles, boats and other industrial parts.
- Repair of concrete and substrates in general.
- Surfaces subject to abrasion.